Registration for the 2019 contest will open Nov. 1
Registration is between Nov. 1, 2018 and Jan. 28, 2019
- Early bird registration through Jan. 14, 2019 - $100 per product entry
- Regular registration is Jan. 15 - Jan. 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM - $150 per product entry
- TWO product samples must be submitted.
- The samples will be accepted ONLY between Monday, Feb. 4, and Wednesday, Feb. 6, via mail OR can be dropped off in person on Wednesday, Feb. 6 ONLY, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Detailed information about submission location and process will be emailed after registration is completed.
Three finalists per category will be notified on Monday, Feb. 13, by email for advancement to the final round. Details relating to final judging will be included in that email.
Grand prize judging and awards
The finalist contest judging and awards ceremony is Tuesday, March 19, in Atlanta at the Georgia Freight Depot from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Finalists will be required to set up a product display with samples and give a three-minute product pitch during the final contest judging.
- Finalists receive a one year silver Georgia Grown membership – a $100 value – compliments of the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
- The 2018 grand prize winner will be awarded an exhibit space for up to two registrants at the Georgia Food Industry Association annual convention – a value of more than $1,500 – and three consultation sessions from the UGA Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center (FoodPIC) on product or process design, ingredient functionality, sensory testing and/or shelflife determination, a $1,500 value.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbecue sauces
- Condiments and salsas
- Dairy products
- Jams and jellies
- Meats and seafood
- Meat-alternative products
- Sauces and seasonings
- Snack foods