The next Flavor of Georgia contest will be on Tuesday, March 28, 2023 at the Classic Center in Athens, GA.
Registration is required prior to sample submission and must be completed online. Products must be registered and paid in full by 5 p.m. EST Jan. 30, 2023, to be considered eligible. All entry fees are non-refundable. A valid food license number or co-packer license number is required at the time of registration. Contact the Georgia Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety Division for questions concerning licensing. You must review all contest rules and regulations before registering.
Two product samples must arrive at our initial judging location between March 6-8, 2023.
March 8, 2023 is the ONLY day for in-person drop-off of product samples.
Finalist Selection and Judging
Three finalists per category will be notified by email on March 10, 2023, for advancement to the final round of in-person judging. Selected finalists will be required to set up a product display with samples and give a three-minute product pitch during the final contest judging. Travel, lodging arrangements and associated expenses are solely the responsibility of the participating businesses.
Final judging and awards
The final judging is closed to the public. The awards ceremony and reception is by invitation only; finalists are permitted to invite up to two guests.
When: Tuesday, March 28, 2023, between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Where: The Classic Center in Athens, GA
- Baked goods
- Barbecue sauces
- Condiments, sauces and seasonings
- Dairy products
- Honey and syrups
- Jams and jellies
- Meats and seafood
- Pickled vegetables, relish and salsas
- Snack foods
Why enter a product?
- Each entry is featured in the print and digital product directory, including a professional product photo and brief overview, which gets seen by leading food industry buyers and media outlets.
- Finalists will receive personalized press releases, the use of the Flavor of Georgia logo on their label and promotional materials, and the opportunity to present their product to a panel of food industry experts.
- Finalists also receive a one-year Georgia Grown membership, compliments of the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
- The 2023 grand prize winner will be awarded an exhibit space for up to two registrants at the Georgia Food Industry Association Annual Convention (a $1,500 value) and three consultation sessions from the UGA Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center (FoodPIC) on: product or process design, ingredient functionality, sensory testing, or shelf-life determination; a $1,500 value.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org