About the contest
The Flavor of Georgia Food Product Contest showcases delicious, innovative, market-ready prototypes or commercially available food products. It's hosted and organized annually by the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences' Center for Agribusiness and Economic Development.
- $100 Early bird registration is through Jan. 18 at 5 p.m.
- $150 Regular registration is through Jan. 28 at 5 p.m.
Selection of winners
Our panel of judges represents the spectrum of food product arena including processors, distributors, buyers, grocers and more. Our initial blind judging evaluates each product and three from each of our categories are selected to compete in the finals. The finalists compete in person for the top category honor. The Grand Prize award is given to the category winner with the highest overall score.
According to post-event surveys, the contest has succeeded in helping increase exposure, publicity, business contacts and sales for finalists and winners. More than 1,300 products have entered since the contest began in 2007.
Why enter a product?
- Each entry is featured in the print and digital product directory, including a professional product photo and brief overview, which gets seen by leading food industry buyers and media outlets.
- Finalists will receive personalized press releases, the use of the Flavor of Georgia logo on their label and promotional materials, and the opportunity to present their product to a panel of food industry experts.
- Finalists also receive a one-year Georgia Grown membership, compliments of the Georgia Department of Agriculture.
- The 2019 Grand Prize Winner will be awarded an exhibit space for up to two registrants at the Georgia Food Industry Association Annual Convention (a $1,500 value) and three consultation sessions from the UGA Food Product Innovation and Commercialization Center (FoodPIC) on product or process design, ingredient functionality, sensory testing and/or shelf life determination, a $1,500 value.